Making every child's potential a reality.
PTA is a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the hightest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Goals for Harrison Lane Elementary PTA
Harrison Lane Elementary PTA plans to increase the membership of the PTA by 10% - 20% and to increase the volume of volunteer hours; whether it coincide with PTA functions or volunteering on parent's and family member's own time.
Harrison Lane Elementary PTA plans to increase the parental involvement and knowledge of the PTA. We hope to provide additional small support groups within the PTA specially geared towards dads and moms, to help with the support and safety of their children and all students at Harrison Lane Elementary, while providing support to our faculty.
Harrison Lane Elementary PTA plans to contact the City of Hurst in order to have better traffic and pedestrian management before and after school hours.
Harrison Lane Elementary PTA plans to contact the Administrative Offices to better the facilities on campus. Items to be discussed include, but not limited to; cafetorium tables, fencing around the school for better protection of students while on campus, the playground being more accessible for handicapped students, and ease of flow of dropping off and pick up of students.
© Harrison Lane Elementary PTA 2010